Siemens SIMATIC WinCC Report Generation
The Siemens SIMATIC WinCC solution logs data to compressed history files. Dream Report offers specifically developed Siemens SIMATIC WinCC Drivers for report generation and dashboards, for all markets and applications. Dream Report offers specially developed connectivity to a number of other Siemens solutions including S7-200, S7-300, S7-400, S7-1200, S7-1500, SIMATIC PCS 7, as well as the Siemens Desigo Building Automation system.
Features in Dream Report for Siemens SIMATIC WinCC Data Access
Dream Report offers several features that deliver a great deal of application configuration flexibility for Siemens SIMATIC WinCC users.
- Types of Data Access – Dream Report offers the ability to access Real-time, History and Alarm/Event Data for use in industrial reports and dashboards. Three purpose built and quick to configure drivers deliver connectivity to Siemens SIMATIC WinCC.
- Typical System Configuration – Installing Dream Report on the same computer as Siemens SIMATIC WinCC. In this case, Dream Report will reside on the WinCC computer and will access the data through the Dream Report drivers. The user simply selects the Dream Report Driver Configuration Wizard to configure the data source and you are done. Dream Report automatically delivers Tag Browsing and Data access.
- Remote Connectivity – Dream Report can be installed on a computer remote from Siemens SIMATIC WinCC . In this case, the user would leverage a unique feature in Dream Report called the Remote Connectivity Server. The Dream Report Siemens SIMATIC WinCC Drivers are added to the WinCC computer. In addition, the user will specify a Port and Encryption Password that will be use by a remote Dream Report for secure data access. This method is extremely safe and even enables Siemens SIMATIC WinCC connectivity over Internet connections in addition to connections across the local network. Video on Remote Communications
- Custom Archive Importing – Some users want to transfer Tag data to a relational database of their choice. Dream Report offers a utility called the Custom Archive Import that lets the user select Tags from a data source, and replicate that data – log that data, to a relational database. Dream Report supports any ODBC compliant database and that includes SQL Server, SQL Express, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL for example. Transfers are done automatically on a user specified schedule.
- FTP File Collection – some users want to automatically back up files. Dream Report offers a utility called the FTP File Collector that can automatically connect with remote computers via FTP (File Transfer Protocol), and will copy files to a local directory of your choice.
Dream Report is the best industrial Report Generator for use with Siemens SIMATIC WinCC as it offers the unique understanding of industrial data sources as well as typical industrial calculations.