Kepware KEPServerEX Report Generation
Kepware KEPServerEX is a communication solution for real-time Device communications and it offers a variety of plugins for alarming and data logging to a relational database, and to their local historian. Dream Report offers connectivity to all Kepware KEPServerEX drivers and plugins through industry standard OPC DA, OPC HDA, OPC UA, as well as ODBC for relational database logs and CSV for data logs such as EFM (Electronic Flow Measurement).
Dream Report is an Approved Solution
In January of 2015, Kepware joined the Ocean Data System’s Proven Partner program. This program ensures that our products have been tested together and that our two companies will work to supporting joint applications for the benefit of our customers.
“Dream Report has developed a report generation solution used by many of Kepware’s technology partners, including GE Intelligent Platforms, Inductive Automation, and Wonderware,” explained John Harrington, Director of Product Management for Kepware. “Joining the ODS Proven Partner program is one step beyond just relying on industry standards for interoperability. We are committed to working closely with ODS to ensure the integration of our respective product interfaces in order to offer our mutual customers excellent support.”
Features in Dream Report for Kepware KEPServerEX Data Access
Dream Report offers several features that deliver a great deal of application configuration flexibility for Kepware KEPServerEX users.
- Types of Data Access – Dream Report offers the ability to access Real-time, History and Alarm/Event Data for use in industrial reports and dashboards. Several quick to configure and easy to use drivers deliver connectivity to KEPServerEX. They include OPC DA and OPC UA for standards based real-time device data access, OPC HDA and OPC UA for standards based History Data access, ODBC connectivity for relational database logs, and a CSV driver to access EFM (Electronic Flow Measurement) data in the Oil and Gas industry.
- Typical System Configuration – Installing Dream Report on the same computer as Kepware KEPServerEX. In this case, Dream Report will reside on the KEPServerEX computer and will access the data through the Dream Report drivers. The user simply selects the Dream Report Driver Configuration Wizard to configure the data source and you are done. Dream Report automatically delivers Tag Browsing and Data access.
- Remote Connectivity – Dream Report can be installed on a computer remote from Kepware KEPServerEX. In this case, the user would leverage a unique feature in Dream Report called the Remote Connectivity Server. The Dream Report OPC Drivers are added to the Kepware KEPServerEX computer. In addition, the user will specify a Port and Encryption Password that will be use by a remote Dream Report for secure data access. This method is extremely safe and even enables Kepware KEPServerEX connectivity over Internet connections in addition to connections across the local network. Video on Remote Communications
- Custom Archive Importing – Some users want to transfer Tag data to a relational database of their choice. Dream Report offers a utility called the Custom Archive Import that lets the user select Tags from a data source, and replicate that data – log that data, to a relational database. Dream Report supports any ODBC compliant database and that includes SQL Server, SQL Express, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL for example. Transfers are done automatically on a user specified schedule.
- FTP File Collection – some users want to automatically back up files. Dream Report offers a utility called the FTP File Collector that can automatically connect with remote computers via FTP (File Transfer Protocol), and will copy files to a local directory of your choice.
Dream Report is the best industrial Report Generator for use with Kepware KEPServerEX due to its broad based connectivity, understanding of industrial data and understanding of industrial calculations for all vertical markets.