AspenTech InfoPlus.21 (IP-21) Historian Report Generation
Aspen IP21 is a Historian from AspenTech that archives process data to a proprietary file format and makes that data available to other applications through industry standards. There are many references to this product on the internet including AspenTech IP21, Aspen IP-21, AspenTech InfoPlus.21 among others. Dream Report offers connectivity leveraging industry standards such as OPC HDA and OPC UA, ODBC, as well as supporting connectivity through third party connections such as Matrikon with their
“AspenTech InfoPlus.21 Aspentech IP21” OPC DA and OPC HDA Driver. However you choose to enable IP21 with OPC or ODBC, the next step would be to add Dream Report and configure its OPC connectivity or enable its ODBC connectivity.
Features in Dream Report for AspenTech InfoPlus.21 (IP-21) Historian Data Access
Dream Report offers several features that deliver a great deal of application configuration flexibility for Aspen IP21 users.
- Types of Data Access – Dream Report offers the ability to access Real-time and History Data for use in industrial reports and dashboards. Specifically for AspenTech IP21, Dream Report can access real-time data through an the OPC DA Real-time Driver. History Data is accessible though the OPC HDA or ODBC History Data Driver.
- Typical System Configuration – Installing Dream Report on the same computer as AspenTech IP21. In this case, Dream Report will reside on the IP-21 computer and will access the PI data through the driver of your choice for reports and dashboards. The user simply uses the Dream Report Driver Configuration Wizard to select and configure the driver, and you are done. Dream Report automatically delivers Tag Browsing and Data access.
- Remote Connectivity – Dream Report can be installed on a computer remote from AspenTech IP21 Historian. The user can leverage a unique feature in Dream Report called the Remote Connectivity Server. The Dream Report OPC or ODBC Driver is added to the PI computer. In addition, the user will specify a Port and Encryption Password that will be use by a remote Dream Report for secure data access. This method is extremely safe and even enables PI connectivity over Internet connections in addition to connections across the local network. Video on Remote Communications
- Custom Archive Importing – Some users want to transfer Tag data from Aspen IP21 to a relational database of their choice. Dream Report offers a utility called the Custom Archive Import that lets the user select Tags from a data source, and replicate that data to a relational database. Dream Report supports any ODBC compliant database and that includes SQL Server, SQL Express, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL for example. Transfers are done automatically on a user specified schedule.
- FTP File Collection – some users want to automatically back up history data files. Dream Report offers a utility called the FTP File Collector that can automatically connect with remote computers via FTP (File Transfer Protocol), and will copy OSI PI files to a local directory of your choice.
Dream Report is the best industrial Report Generator for use with Aspentech InfoPlus.21 (IP21) Historian and is unique in its understanding of industrial data and industrial calculations.