VTScada Report Generation
Trihedral’s VTScada HMI/SCADA solution logs data to proprietary files. These files can be queried through a special VTScada ODBC interface. Dream Report offers specifically developed VTScada Drivers for report generation and dashboards, for all markets and applications.
Dream Report is an Approved Solution
In September of 2014, Ocean Data Systems was commissioned to develop interfaces between Dream Report and VTScada.
“We have 28 years of history in the development of our VTScada solution, and take partnerships with third parties very seriously,” explained Glenn Wadden, president of Trihedral. “We took a hard look at Dream Report to make sure that it met our standards of ease of use and quality, and have decided that a partnership with Ocean Data Systems would be in the best interest of our customers, especially those in the Water and Wastewater markets that we serve. That’s why we commissioned specialized interfaces making the integration of VTScada and Dream Report as simple as possible for our customers. We’re particularly pleased with the way Dream Report supports VTScada’s unique tag hierarchy allowing users to easily find the tags they’re needing.”
Features in Dream Report for VTScada Data Access
Dream Report offers several features that deliver a great deal of application configuration flexibility for VTScada users.
- Types of Data Access – Dream Report offers the ability to access Real-time, History and Alarm/Event Data for use in industrial reports and dashboards. Three purpose built and quick to configure drivers deliver connectivity to VTScada.
- Typical System Configuration – Installing Dream Report on the same computer as VTScada. In this case, Dream Report will reside on the VTScada computer and will access the data through the ODBC interfaces. The user simply selects the Dream Report Driver Configuration Wizard to configure the data source and you are done. Dream Report automatically delivers Tag Browsing and Data access.
- Remote Connectivity – Dream Report can be installed on a computer remote from VTScada. In this case, the user would leverage a unique feature in Dream Report called the Remote Connectivity Server. The Dream Report VTScada Drivers are added to the VTScada computer and are configured for the ODBC interface. In addition, the user will specify a Port and Encryption Password that will be use by a remote Dream Report for secure data access. This method is extremely safe and even enables VTScada connectivity over Internet connections in addition to connections across the local network. Video on Remote Communications
- Custom Archive Importing – Some users want to transfer Tag data to a relational database of their choice. Dream Report offers a utility called the Custom Archive Import that lets the user select Tags from a data source, and replicate that data – log that data, to a relational database. Dream Report supports any ODBC compliant database and that includes SQL Server, SQL Express, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL for example. Transfers are done automatically on a user specified schedule.
- FTP File Collection – some users want to automatically back up history data files. Dream Report offers a utility called the FTP File Collector that can automatically connect with remote computers via FTP (File Transfer Protocol), and will copy files to a local directory of your choice.
Dream Report is the best industrial Report Generator for use with Trihedral’s VTScada HMI/SCADA.