FactoryTalk View SE Report Generation
Rockwell Automation’s FactoryTalk View Site Edition (SE) HMI/SCADA solution logs data to a relational database as well as to FactoryTalk Historian. Dream Report offers specifically developed FactoryTalk View SE Drivers for report generation and dashboards, for all markets and applications. Other Rockwell Automation products that you can use Dream Report with include RSView32, PanelView, PanelView Plus, FactoryTalk Linx, FactoryTalk Historian, FactoryTalk VantagePoint, FactoryTalk Batch, RSLinx, among others.
Dream Report is an Approved Solution
In September of 2019, Ocean Data Systems received a license for FactoryTalk connectivity. Dream Report will offer direct FactoryTalk Connectivity for LiveData, History Data and Alarm and Events Data. In addition, Dream Report offers connectivity to the FactoryTalk View SE Alarm and Events Relational Database.
“After seeing the powerful reporting capabilities provided by Dream Report, we felt that our business relationship could be strengthened through tighter integration between our products. We worked with Ocean Data Systems to enhance our capability for third-party connectivity into our platform, allowing for this new driver to be developed. With it, Dream Report can connect directly to the system to access and report on FactoryTalk data. This connectivity will be very useful to our customers moving forward, allowing them to develop reports for their HMI systems quickly and efficiently,” says Michael Szentkiralyi, Product Manager – Controls & Visualization Business at Rockwell Automation.
Features in Dream Report for FactoryTalk View SE Data Access
Dream Report offers several features that deliver a great deal of application configuration flexibility for FactoryTalk View SE users.
- Types of Data Access – Dream Report offers the ability to access Real-time, History and Alarm/Event Data for use in industrial reports and dashboards. Three purpose built and quick to configure drivers deliver connectivity to FactoryTalk View Site Edition.
- Typical System Configuration – Installing Dream Report on the same computer as FactoryTalk View SE. In this case, Dream Report will reside on the FactoryTalk View SE computer and will access the data through the FactoryTalk drivers. The user simply selects the Dream Report Driver Configuration Wizard to configure the data source and you are done. Dream Report automatically delivers Tag Browsing and Data access.
- Remote Connectivity – Dream Report can be installed on a computer remote from FactoryTalk View SE . In this case, the user would leverage a unique feature in Dream Report called the Remote Connectivity Server. The Dream Report FactoryTalk View SE Drivers are added to the FactoryTalk View SE computer. In addition, the user will specify a Port and Encryption Password that will be use by a remote Dream Report for secure data access. This method is extremely safe and even enables FactoryTalk View SE connectivity over Internet connections in addition to connections across the local network. Video on Remote Communications
- Custom Archive Importing – Some users want to transfer Tag data to a relational database of their choice. Dream Report offers a utility called the Custom Archive Import that lets the user select Tags from a data source, and replicate that data – log that data, to a relational database. Dream Report supports any ODBC compliant database and that includes SQL Server, SQL Express, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL for example. Transfers are done automatically on a user specified schedule.
- FTP File Collection – some users want to automatically back up files. Dream Report offers a utility called the FTP File Collector that can automatically connect with remote computers via FTP (File Transfer Protocol), and will copy files to a local directory of your choice.
Dream Report is the best industrial Report Generator for use with Rockwell Automation’s FactoryTalk View Site Edition HMI/SCADA.