GE Proficy iFIX Report Generation
GE Proficy iFIX HMI/SCADA solution logs data to proprietary history files as well as to Proficy Historian. Dream Report offers specifically developed GE Proficy iFIX and Proficy Historian Drivers for report generation and dashboards, for all markets and applications.
Dream Report is an Approved Solution
In August of 2014, GE became an OEM of Dream Report, selling delivering and supporting Dream Report as their own product. Dream Report delivers GE Proficy iFIX and Proficy Historian Connectivity for Real-time, History Data and Alarm and Events Data.
“GE prides itself on delivering leading technology in all areas. Our focus on Real-time Operational Intelligence (RtOI) means that we deliver the right information to the right individual at the right time,” stated Prasad Pai, product manager for Proficy HMI/SCADA products, “and Report Generation is an important component in that information flow.”
Features in Dream Report for GE Proficy iFIX Data Access
Dream Report offers several features that deliver a great deal of application configuration flexibility for GE Proficy iFIX users.
- Types of Data Access – Dream Report offers the ability to access Real-time, History and Alarm/Event Data for use in industrial reports and dashboards. Three purpose built and quick to configure drivers deliver connectivity to GE Proficy iFIX.
- Typical System Configuration – Installing Dream Report on the same computer as GE Proficy iFIX. In this case, Dream Report will reside on the GE Proficy iFIX computer and will access the data through the Dream Report drivers. The user simply selects the Dream Report Driver Configuration Wizard to configure the data source and you are done. Dream Report automatically delivers Tag Browsing and Data access.
- Remote Connectivity – Dream Report can be installed on a computer remote from GE Proficy iFIX . In this case, the user would leverage a unique feature in Dream Report called the Remote Connectivity Server. The Dream Report GE Proficy iFIX Drivers are added to the GE Proficy iFIX computer. In addition, the user will specify a Port and Encryption Password that will be use by a remote Dream Report for secure data access. This method is extremely safe and even enables GE Proficy iFIX connectivity over Internet connections in addition to connections across the local network. Video on Remote Communications
- Custom Archive Importing – Some users want to transfer Tag data to a relational database of their choice. Dream Report offers a utility called the Custom Archive Import that lets the user select Tags from a data source, and replicate that data – log that data, to a relational database. Dream Report supports any ODBC compliant database and that includes SQL Server, SQL Express, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL for example. Transfers are done automatically on a user specified schedule.
- FTP File Collection – some users want to automatically back up files. Dream Report offers a utility called the FTP File Collector that can automatically connect with remote computers via FTP (File Transfer Protocol), and will copy files to a local directory of your choice.
Dream Report is the best industrial Report Generator for use with GE Proficy iFIX HMI/SCADA.